Staff Accountant Part-Time
DEPARTMENT: Accounting (#11)
Reports To: Controller
Helomics is an Integrated Clinical Contract Research Organization (ICCRO) located in Lawrenceville, PA. Our mission is to improve the standard of care for cancer patients through innovative research and development partnerships with pharmaceutical, diagnostic, biotechnology, and academic organizations, leading to better and more personalized treatments and diagnostic technologies for human disease. Helomics’ CLIA-certified lab provides clinical testing that assists oncologists and surgeons in individualizing patient treatment decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities: (Include the following: other duties may be assigned)
The successful candidate will assist the Controller in day-to-day financial operations. General workload will include, but not limited to, a variety of accounting tasks and activities including accounts payable, bank reconciliations, journal entries, and month end closing. This position requires knowledge of basic accounting principles, accounting functions and is expected to deliver high quality and accurate results.
· Prepare and enter General Journal entries
· Perform monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
· Prepare month end Balance Sheet / Income Statement / etc.
· Help maintain Fixed Asset ledger in SAGE 300 accounting software
· Create and distribute monthly expense analysis
· Preparing supporting documentation for audit purposes and interacting with controller & external auditors as needed
· Process Accounts Payable duties including issuing 1099s
· Review and approve expense reports
· Reconcile corporate credit card transactions with processed expense reports
· Perform regular audits of expense reports
· Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting (required)
· Preferred Experience:
· 1-3 years experience in an accounting or auditing position
· Prior experience with month end accounting and balance sheet reconciliations
· Knowledgeable with SAGE accounting software
· Required Skills:
· Team approach where no task is too menial, but with the ability to work independently
· Ability to analyze and interpret data
· Capable of learning and growing with expanding company
· Well developed and effective communication skills
· Proficient Microsoft Office Tools (Excel-Spreadsheets & Pivot Tables, Word)
If you meet the requirements and are seeking a dynamic, challenging atmosphere, with the opportunity to make a difference to help oncologists and their patients, email your resume to Resumes@Helomics.com with the words "Staff Accountant Part-Time" in the subject of the email.